New Year, New Body & Top New Gym Deals
2020 has arrived faster than we all thought and it’s the time of year for New Year’s resolutions and making a change for the better! But do you have the same motivation to get fit as you did a couple of months ago? We can all understand that January blues and dark days aren’t the best motivators but why not overcome these with easy ways to achieve your new body.
You may think a brand-new gym membership is the best thing for you. But will you actually utilise your time? Or are you just throwing away money? Finding ways to get fit without having to splash your cash on a gym membership may be the better thing for you!
Let’s find out why!
The Benefits of Exercise
Exercise can promote psychological well-being as well as improve quality of life and physical health.
In fact, exercise is becoming known as a cure for nearly everything in our lives, including depression and memory loss. According to the NHS, it can reduce your risk of major illnesses such as heart disease and cancer by up to 50% as well as lower your risk of early death by up to 30%.
1. Exercise releases endorphins. Studies suggest that the big endorphin rush happens after an hour of exercise, and running usually gets the most credit for giving you a ‘high’ which improves your mood, your self-esteem and reduces stress.
2. Exercising for 30 minutes. On most days, this can help you lose weight, improve your cholesterol, and even lower your blood pressure by as many as five to seven points. It can help your heart stay healthy, reducing your chances of having a stroke in the future.
Enjoyable ways to keep fit
Whether you want to get healthier, lose weight or gain muscle, changing your body is difficult. It can definitely be challenging and time-consuming if you haven’t been a regular gym-goer previously. We all know that exercising isn’t the most exciting of things to do, so here are some ways to make it more fun and enjoyable!
1. Find a friend. Any sort of exercise is always more enjoyable whenever you have a friend to share the experience with. By going with a friend, you will have more motivation and can even have a laugh in the process.
2. Try a new class. even if you’re not into going to the gym, they can offer some excellent classes for people of all ages, sizes and abilities. Classes are a great way to socialise with people who have the same interests as you.
3. Reward yourself. rewarding yourself for managing to get to the gym and exercising! You are physically and mentally helping your body so give yourself a reward! You deserve it 🙂
4. Listen to music. this is one of the best ways to motivate you and get you moving! Listening to upbeat music almost gives you a beat to move to, helping you complete the workout you have planned!
Top Gym Deals
Going to the gym doesn’t always mean expensive. If you’re interested in becoming a gym member or are just looking for a better deal. We have created a list of the top four to help you get on track for your ideal new body this year.
- PureGym – From £14.99/month
- The Gym Group – From £10.99, gyms vary in price depending on location.
- EasyGym – From £9.99, gyms vary in price depending on location.
- Xercise4Less – From £9.99
TIP – Take advantage of the free trails and passes. More expensive gyms like DW fitness offer a free 3-day trial.
Remember through-out January some gyms might offer deals which make the memberships cheaper, so don’t just buy the first one you see.
At BingoLoans, we advise you don’t purchase a gym membership if you cannot afford it. Although exercise is essential, there are plenty of other ways to keep fit for free, for example going for a daily run or even creating a home workout routine.